Saturday, October 16, 2010

Papercraft Star Challenge # 17

Papercraft Star Challenges oh how I've missed you!  If you haven't had a chance to check out the Papercraft Star blog now is a great time to take a look.  Not only is there a design team call out for new designers for this blog, but there are great challenges to keep us crafters on our toes!  This weeks challenge is a photo inspired challenge.  When I first saw this photo I was inspired to do a banner, becuase it just looks like a party!  This photo was a Martha Stewart photo, so of course I wanted to use some Martha Stewart paper I had in my stash.  I wanted to recreate the circle pattern I saw in the photo, so I simply punched out various circles and adhered them to a white strip of cardstock.  I love the way this banner came out and my son is counting down the days untill Halloween!  Thank you for taking the time to take a look.

The Sleepy Stamper








Here are some close ups of some of the letters individually\























Paper:  White cardstock, Basic Black cardstock, Tangerine Orange cardstock, by SU.  Patterned paper by Martha Stewart
Accessories:  Circle punches by SU, Glittered letters by Making Memories, Bat punch by Martha Stewart, pennant cut from Cricut cartridge Sweet Treats.  ( the party hat #2)

3 comments:

  1. This is a really fantastic Halloween Banner! I just adore it... thanks for sharing the close-ups too... you put a lot of work into all the little details that make this project really stand out! I'm so glad you joined us for this week's challenge at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Halloween banner and so pretty too!! Great work! I love that you went for a Banner!! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice banner- U got my vote. good luck!

    ReplyDelete