Saturday, October 30, 2010

Papercraft Star Challenge 19

Challenge 19, over at the Papercraft Star blog, is to create something inspired by this photo from Martha Stewart Living.  When I saw this photo, I was drawn to the warm colors and the feeling that Autumn is here.  For the card I created, I used warm colors and a scrap from Crafty Secrets that has such a lovely sentiment.  The flower I made by cutting some scallops on one side of sheer ribbon.  I then melted the edges to keep them from fraying.  I took a small candle and just barely touched the flames to the raw edges of the ribbon, all this over a sink full of water (please, if you try this, don't burn the house down!).  Next I sewed a straight- stitch along the edge opposite the scallops and gathered the ribbon to form my flower.  Remember to check out the Papercraft Star blog and vote for your favorite entry, starting this afternoon through Monday!  I hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend!  Thank you for stopping by.

The Sleepy Stamper








Paper:  Crumb Cake, Soft Suede cardstock by SU. 
Accessories.  Martha Stewart edge punch, Scrap by Crafty Secret, Swiss Dot embossing folder by Cuttle bug, vintage button from my Momo's button box.

No comments:

Post a Comment