Thursday, October 21, 2010

Papercraft Star Challenge - Thank You Theme

Challenge 18 at over at the Papercraft Star blog is a thank you theme.  The challenge is to use: dry embossing, Cricut cartridge cut, or other die cut,  and metal.  I'm loving the this challenge.  I had found this oval metal frame some time ago and just didn't know what to do with it.  This challenge allowed me to pull that little frame out and use it on this project.  First I choose gift bag cut from the Plantin School Book cartridge from Cricut.  I then decorated the bag using a small piece of printed paper from Webster's Pages, and an embossed piece of vanilla cardsotck.  What a cute gift this will make for my son's preschool teacher.  Every morning she welcomes my son into the classroom like the whole class has been waiting just for him.  My son has really blossomed this year and I know it's because of the wonderful teachers at his preschool.  After I made the gift bag I made a matching card.  I used one of my favroite flower dies from Sizzix in the card.   I think they look good together and the chocolates in the gift bag smell so good!  I hope Ms. Mari likes her gift and knows how gratetful I am for such a wonderful teacher that my son adors.  Thank You for taking a look.

The Sleepy Stamper













Paper:  Early Espresso cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, by SU.  printed paper by Webster's Pages
Ink:  Early Espresso by SU, distress inks by Tim Holtz
Stamps:  Many Thanks by SU
Accessories:  Word Window punch, by SU, Plantin School Book by Cricut, taffeta ribbon by SU, edge punch by Martha Stewart, Hat pin from SU, Metal frame by K&Co, Sizzix embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! The colours you have used are perfect, and the gift bag is just adorable. Thank you for joining us at Papercraft Star this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely beautiful gift combination! I love everything about both of them. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Gorgeous!! I love the colors and the embossing is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful set!! Love the blue/black/white color pattern. Thanks so much for entering at PaperCraft Star this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME! I love the colors, that embossing folder is just beautiful, and I love the flower and stick pin on your card. Really lovely projects. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete