Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge 71

This week is a color splash challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.  This is where you create a project using the colors black and white with a splash of color.  For my card I used the aqua/turquoise as my accent color.  I found a metal butterfly at Michael's and I backed it with my accent color.  The flourish is from Prima and the stamp is called Oval All by SU. I stamped the image twice and cut the larger flower from one and popped it up using dimensionals.  This card was quick and easy, it's my attempt at clean and simple. Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek. 

The Sleepy Stamper











Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White card stock by SU
Ink:  Copic Markers, Tuxedo Black by Memento
Stamps:  Oval All from SU
Embellishments:  Oval punch, scalloped oval punch from SU,  Aqua twinkles from Taylored Expressions

4 comments:

  1. I have that sentiment, thanks for a reminder to get it out of its box and put it to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, isn't this gorgeous! I love your CAS design. THe blue touches are just right for our challenge this week, too. THanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so beautiful - those swirls are perfect with that butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along at the Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love the little splashes of blue, perfect! Thanks for joining in the fun over at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete