Friday, September 23, 2011

Did someone say "Shabby Chic"!

Well don't mind if I do.  Shabby Chic is another style that I just adore!  There was a line of fabric that was manufactured years ago called Paris Flea Market, designed by 3 Sisters for Moda.  I had purchased yards and yards of this fabric and fell in love with the Shabby Chic style.  As I was surfing from one fabulous blog to another I saw the challenge for the Woopsi Daisy blog.  The challenge for this week is ...you guessed it Shabby Chic!   For my card I used the soft color pallet from papers by The Girl's Paperie.  I distressed the edges using some sisccors along the edges of the paper.  I then sewed the papers down and added some lace.  Using a scrap of polka dot paper I distressed the edges and matted on a coordinating paper cut with pinking shears.  The sentiment is from a stamp set called "Love's Flower" by Verve.  I wanted to keep the colors soft so I stamped the sentiment using an ink called Soft Sky by SU onto Shimmer White cardstock also by SU.  A simple bow with a Prima flower, cameo pin from Webster's pages and a feather finish my card.  I do love me some shabby goodness!  Thank you for stopping by and taking a look.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Anitra





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Anitra, I love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Shabby Chic card. I love the colors, gorgeous paper and lovely lace. Your stick is also a stunner. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, love the sentiment and colours you have used. Thank you for joining us this time at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! I love the colors you have chosen and all the details you added, especially the lace. Thanks so much for playing along this week at WHOOPSI DAISY:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, well designed and the sentiment is fab. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card and I particularly like the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.

    ReplyDelete