Monday, December 5, 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Days of Tags Day 5

Ok any light weights out there?  Feeling a little crafting fatigue?  I have to say I was feeling it.  That is until I saw the technique shared today over at the Tim Holtz blog.  I've never used alcohol inks before and am impressed by the quick drying and concentrated color!  For my tag I found that when I inked the transparency with the ink and then used the Archival ink to remove the red color, I had a hard time getting a nice look.  By accident I discovered if I used clear cling stamps with out ink and stamped on the transparency, the alcohol  inks stuck to the cling stamp and just lifted off with no problems!  What a happy mistake!!!  You can see where I used the Archival ink stamp and removal technique on the tree.  It looks a bit dingy because I couldn't get off all the black archival ink.  For my wreath I just punched leaves from a Martha Stewart punch and adhered them to a circle chipboard.  Don't forget to pop on by the TH blog and leave a comment each day, you just might win one of the daily prizes!  Thank you for stopping by.

Anitra


Tim Holtz Day 5 Tag.  So pretty!


My Tim Holtz inspired tag day 5.


Paper:  Whisper White cardstock from SU, clear packaging, patterned papers from Tim Holtz seasonal paper pack
Ink:  Pepper alcohol ink, Distress ink
Stamps:  Vintage Christmas from Clear Arts Stamps, O Christmas Tree from Verve, Lace stamp set from   Clear Art Stamps,
Embellishments:  Martha Stewart leaf punch, bling, 

No comments:

Post a Comment