Monday, April 16, 2012

Always Dreaming

It's Monday and the start of another week.  What better way to start off the week with a little nap time crafting!  While my toddler is napping I happened upon a new blog to me called Moving Along With The Times.  Their challenge this week is Shabby and or Vintage.  Well I love me some Shabby Chic, so I just couldn't resist.  For this card I started out with a pink cardstock base and matted a digital floral sheet from Iralamijashop, an etsy shop, which was distressed using the edge of some paper siccors.  Once it was adhered down I machine stitched around the floral print.  I then stitched the dot print and adhered it to the base.  Using Spellbinders labels nine I die cut the shape and embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder.  The image is from Heartwarming Vintage creative scraps.  I added some seam binding and some lace in coordinating colors.  I made a stick pin and added it behind the bow and adhered some chipboard to the center.  The filigree piece of chipboard was a scrap from another heart.  It fit perfectly on top, so I glittered it up using some Martha Stewart fine glitter.  That does it for my nap time card.  Love the little girl dreaming image.  It's so funny how my little ones seem like they are always dreaming up some way to test me.  Well hope everyone has a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by.

Hugs,
Anitra

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Moving Along with The Times
Sugar Creek Hollow
Card Crafter's Circle








Ink:  Antique linen distress ink, Very Vanilla craft ink from SU
Paper:  The Girl's Paperie, Snow White from Taylored Expressions, pink cardstock, Sage green from SU
Embellishments:  Digital paper, Spellbinders labels nine, Seam binding, Creative Scraps from Heartwarming vintage, Sizzix dot embossing folder, stick pin, corner rounder punch from SU


5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Anitra, I love your pretty colours and the image is adorable. Such a pretty stick Pin too.
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week, hope you keep joining in and having fun with the challenges.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Anitra, I love the soft colours and the lovely distressed feel. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super, I love the colour scheme you have used, thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty colors you used! What a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful card just loving your soft colours and the image is so sweet. So glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week
    hugs

    ReplyDelete