Monday, May 7, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week

I hope everyone is starting the week off well.  It's Teacher Appreciation week so I've been busy, busy, busy.  I guess I never realized just how many teachers my kindergartner has.  I sent him off with the first two cards this morning and wanted to share with some simple cards I made.  The first card I made for my son's wonderful homeroom teacher.  I used some black card stock purchased from JoAnn's, and layered different patterned papers from Graphic 45's "ABC Primer" line.  For the addition card accents I cut them from another patterned paper and popped them us with pop dots.  The ruler along the bottom is also from the "ABC Primer", which I fussy cut and adhered along the bottom.  The main image was cut and matted using the same black card stock.  The only stamping I did on this card was on the inside which was a sentiment from Taylored Expressions.  I added the burlap strip cut from some fabric and frayed the edges.  Love this card.  So far it's my favorite.



For the next card I used black card stock for my base.  The patterned papers on this card are from Kaisercraft"s "Class of 87".  I used the same layout for this card only for the main image I used a report card stamp from the same Taylored Expression Make the Grade stamp set.  A simple ribbon finishes off this card.  This one was made for my son's music teacher.  




That does it for this post.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by.

Anitra


I would like to enter the top card in:


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards ... Love the image on the first one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. The top card has such a lovely vintage image. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with these great papers and images. My BFF gave me some of this DP-LOVE it!!!
    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete