Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Anniversary Week over at The Papercraft Star

Happy Anniversary Papercraft Star!  If you haven't heard already, this week is our Anniversary week over at the Papercraft Star.  We have challenges going on with prizes to be won at each challenge!  Today's challenge is "embossing" hosted by Jan!  Now I don't emboss too often so this challenge is a perfect way to shake that rust off my embossing skills.  For my card I matted some patterned paper from Prima onto some riding hood red cardstock.  Then using an image from our sponsor The House Across the Bay from digital sheet 117 I matted the image on some Chocolate Chip cardstock.  For my embossed piece I used some more of the Riding hood red cardstock and ran it through using a Sizzix embossing folder.  My sentiment was cut out using a spellbinder's die and stamped with a sentiment from Verve.  A simple bow completes my card.  Now I was tempted to stitch around my card, but decided against it.  I thought the print was a bit on the busy side and also because my sewing machine weighs a ton!  LoL!  Well, I hope you find time to come play along!  Stay tuned each day to see the new challenges, and for all the details on the prize give aways and postings can be found here.

Anitra




Paper:  Riding hood red, chocolate chip for SU, Butter cream cardstock from Taylored Expressions, patterned paper from Prima's Madeline collection
Stams:  Beautiful You from Verve
Ink:  Chocolate Chip from SU
Embellishments:  Digital image from The House Across The Bay, ribbon from SU, Corner punch from SU, Spellbinders labels fourteen

3 comments:

  1. Love your bright and cheery card, Anitra, I love your card without stitching! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful, country number! LOVE those rich browns and deep reds! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE embossing ! It was so unique to see this done in red, and I just love it. I actually did feel beautiful after seeing it, what an unexpected treat. (believe me, unexpected...) Wonderful !!! Hugs -J-

    ReplyDelete