Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vintage inspired Christmas Post Cards

Hello all!  I'm here with another project I made for a swap I joined over at Your Paper Pantry for the Vintage Postcards group.  For this particular month we were challenged to make vintage inspired postcards.  I found this darling digital image and printed her out on some buttercream cardstock.  I then matted it on some baja breeze cardstock that I distressed using some craft white from SU.  Using a Quick Cuts die I cut out a 4" x 6" scalloped rectangle.  Next I added a digital music print out from The House Across The Bay and stitched around the music sheet.  Next I tucked in a doily behind the image.  Digging into my stash of vintage lace I found some gathered lace and adhered it onto the postcard.  Next I tied some seam binding and adhered a Michael's poinsettia.  A stick pin I made to match this pastel beauty finishes off this postcard.  I had so much fun creating this project.  I'd like to enter this in the Ribbon Reel pastel challenge.  Stop by their blog and see all the beautiful DT creations.  They are simply stunning!  I hope you are all having a good week and thank you for stopping by.


Anitra














3 comments:

  1. So deliciously vintage! LOVE all those scallops and trims!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a beautiful vintage Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Girl this is so gorgeous! I love the beautiful vintage image and the beautiful lace seam binding and gorgeous embellishments you have added! So happy you shared with us at The ribbon Reel! :-)))

    ReplyDelete