Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Buttons!

Hello again!  As you all know it's Wednesday and that means a new challenge over at the Papercraft Star.  This week we challenge you to use buttons on your project.  I just love buttons.  I collect vintage buttons. Every time I walk through a antique mall, or a yard sale and I see that round tin I just have to look inside hoping to find forgotten buttons.  I usually find old buttons in tins.  My own grandma kept every button off coats and old shirts in an old candy tin.   I can't help it, I just have to scoop it up, although booth # 171 at my favorite antique mall prices her buttons WAY too high.  Don't they look like little pieces of candy!  These are some of my little treasures.




Here is our inspiration photo for you to use if you choose.  Don't they just look so yummy!!!




This is what I came up with.  I wanted to make the buttons the main purpose to my card.  By using a tree stamp it allowed me to use many different buttons as the tree's foliage.  I stamped the tree in Chocolate chip on buttercream card stock.  I then matted it on some Chocolate Chip c/s and adhered it to some patterned paper from Pink Paisley called London Market.  The patterned paper was then matted on to some Chocolate Chip c/s as my base.  As you will often see on my cards I used some seam binding along with a paper flower.  




I hope you get a chance to play along this week.  Our design team has some real beauties this week so go to the Papercraft Star blog to check them out.  Thanks for stoping by and have a wonderful week.

Anitra











5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card - love the soft coloured buttons - so pretty!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun button tree, Anitra, I do love the buttons you used as well, fabulous card! I love old buttons, too, and cut them off of clothes unless I donate them! Hope you are having a good week and have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic tree this is ... I adore your card ... so creative ... Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anitra, I just LOVE this button tree! It is so soft and feminine! LOVE the pale blue doily peeking out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost fell over when I received this beautiful card from you. I will cherish it Anitra.

    ReplyDelete