Monday, February 10, 2014

All About Love

It's Monday once again and at the Kraft Journal we have another fun challenge for you.  This week's challenge is all about "love".




For my project I created a file folder card using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board.  I used a tutorial I found on You Tube from Patty Bennet.  You can see the tutorial here.  My friend Iley from A Blend Of Life first told me of these super fun cards.  Thank you Iley!

I first started with a Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock for my base. I then added some patterned paper form Authentique.  I then adhered half of a paper doily to the bottom.  Once I had the doily in place I added some Hand Stained Bias Tape in Rose Beige from The Kraft Outlet.  I tied a simple bow and added a multi-looped black bow from the Earthy Hemp Cord set.



Next I stamped the sentiment in Tuxedo black using a stamp from Verve.  I then cut it out using a Spellbinders die and matted it with some Black Board Stock paper.  I popped the sentiment up with some pop dots and added a bling flourish from Recollections.  The flower was adhered to the bottom of the sentiment and some Vintage Dictionary Pages leaves were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  This was such a fun card to create and I'm already making others!  I hope you give this challenge a try.  I'd love to see what you create!  Be sure to stop by the blogs of our wonderful design team members for further inspiration.  


1 comment:

  1. OH, I love it Anitra. We used the same reds and black theme. I need to run get that board.

    ReplyDelete