Monday, May 5, 2014

Mother's Day Card

Hello, hello, hello!  It's Monday once again and that means another challenge over at the Kraft Journal.  This week's challenge is "Just For Her".  Well I think of my own Mama when I think of just for her, so I created this Mother's Day card.



I started out with a Kraft cardstock base from the Kraft Outlet.  Next I used some Buff Ivory cardstock and stamped a flower from Stampin Up, in the corner using a two step stamping process.  First I stamped the base of the flower in blushing bride ink.  Next using my trusty "stamp-a-ma-jig" I lined up my image and stamped the darker shadow in rose red ink.  The leaves were done in the same way using certainly celery ink along with some kiwi kiss ink.  Then using a stamp from Verve, I stamped the Happy Mother's Day in rose red ink.  I matted the buff ivory piece to some rose red cardstock and popped it us using pop dots.




I didn't stop with just the front of the card, no sir.  I completed the inside as well. I matted it with more of the Buff Ivory cardstock and adhered a Small Glassine Bag the I embellished with more of the two step flower stamps.  This will make a perfect place to give my mom a gift card from one of her favorite stores.  I stamped the sentiment from Verve onto some coordinating patterned paper and punched a decorative edge at the top.  I then put the sentiment into the bag so it just shows thorough.  This was a simple card, but I really love how it turned out.  I'd love to see what you create "Just for Her".  For more wonderful inspiration stop by the Kraft Journal blog to see what our fabulous design team has created.  Hope you have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

Anitra


1 comment:

  1. Love clean and simple. Your card is a beautifully done clean and simple. Love the inside as well. Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete