Monday, July 28, 2014

Funky Junk

Good Monday Morning once again it's time for another challenge over at the Kraft Journal!  This week's challenge is so much fun, I can hardly wait to see what you create!  For the "Funky Junk" challenge I altered a vintage bottle I found years ago on a Texas Ranch.  My cousin's family owed a small ranch in Texas which we would visit from time to time.  On one of the visits we found several vintage bottles buried in the dirt.  Many were broken, but several were complete.  I wish I would have kept more but I only left with one.





First I adhered some Vintage Music Sheet Paper to the bottle.  Next I added an image I found in my pack of Vintage Dictionary paper from the Kraft Journal.  Using laces from my stash I adhered some cotton lace to the bottom as well as some seam lace and crocheted lace to the top. 



 I distressed the parts of the bottle using distress ink in Frayed Burlap.  Because I love altering the Silver Bottle Caps from the Kraft Journal, I painted this one in Heirloom White spray paint from Krylon.  Next I punched a 1" circle of the Vintage Music Sheet paper and adhered it to the top of the painted bottle cap.  I wrapped some Hand Stained Seam binding to the neck of the bottle and topped it off using a large spacer bead from Bead Landing and a paper flower from Wild Orchid Crafts.  


I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week!  I'd love to see what you create!  For more inspiration please stop by the Kraft Journal blog and see what our fabulous design team had created!  

As always, participants in our weekly challenges have a chance to be selected as our Featured Artist and showcased on one of our "Feature Me Fridays" posts. Each month Kraft Outlet will randomly give away a $15.00 Store Voucher at www.KraftOutlet.com!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Anitra




No comments:

Post a Comment