Monday, September 29, 2014

Buttons and Bows

Monday once again and it's time for another challenge over at the Kraft Journal.  This week it's all about buttons and bows!  Now I know Christmas is a few months away but I just couldn't resist creating these little ornaments.


I started by painting mini tart tins and lining them with some Vintage Dictionary pages from The Kraft Outlet.  The Vintage Music Sheet from the Kraft Outlet would have looked so pretty as well!  I then distressed the edges using a Tea Dyed marker.  



I added a rhinestone button to the center of the round tin and adhered a Hand Stained Bias tape from the Kraft Outlet.  To hang the ornament I added some Natural Hemp Cord.  


For this triangular tin I added a small Christmas tree to the center of the Vintage Dictionary page.  For the bow I used some more of the Hand Stained Seam binding in Oatmeal Cream.  To the center of the bow I added a vintage button from my stash.  


For my last ornament I added a Christmas charm to the center of the Vintage Dictionary page, which was also distressed with the Tea Dyed marker.  I added some pieces of a crocheted doily and another sweet Hand Stained Bias Tape bow in Aqua Mist.  To the center of the bow I adhered another vintage button to the center of the bow.  More of the Natural Hemp cord is strung through the tin to create a way to hang the ornament.  These were so fun to make I love using the vintage embellishments the Kraft Outlet offers!  I hope you give this challenge a try.  Be sure to see what the Design team has created to further inspire you!  

As always, participants in our weekly challenges have a chance to be selected as our Featured Artist and showcased on one of our "Feature Me Fridays" posts. Each month Kraft Outlet will randomly give away a $15.00 Store Voucher at www.KraftOutle




1 comment:

  1. These are ADORABLE! I have a bunch of these tins myself! With what did you use to paint them? I might have to try these, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete