Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Travel Mini

Wednesday already!  Where has the time gone?  No worries to get you over the Wednesday hump I have a fun little project to share with you.  I created this little mini album for the Kraft Journal using Open ended policy envelopes from the Kraft Outlet.



First I cut the envelopes down to measure 7 1/4".  I kept the leftover piece to create pockets for the album.  Next using Precut Chipboard in the Full Sheet I cut the chipboard slightly bigger than the Policy Envelopes measuring 7 1/2" x  4 1/2".  For the spine I cut more of the chipboard measuring 2 1/4" x 4 1/2". 


This is a great way to create your own mini albums in any size!  To cover my chipboard I used Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock.  In the following photo I have used black cardstock to better show the process.


For best results on the cover I like to use a strong adhesive tape like a Score tape, or Red line tape.  Using a liquid glue may cause the cardstock to warp.  From this step you fold over the cardstock onto the inside of the chipboard album.  


Mitering the corners will cut down on bulk and give you a better finish.  From this step you would add the hinges.  You could do a "Stack the Deck" binding system or a "Hidden Hinge" system.  
With either of these systems you can slip the envelopes right onto the hinge.  I love doing either of these hinge systems to keep the albums real neat.  


Now the fun part is decorating the pages!  The Kraft Outlet has loads of fun embellishments and I used many stickers from the Destinations Salvage Sticker pack.  


Because this envelope opens from the side you can add a mat inside the envelope adding loads of places for journaling and photos!


Remember the left over envelopes we cut off?  Don't throw those away because they make great pockets!  What better embellishment to add to the pocket than a Library card!


Thank you for joint me this Wednesday for the Kraft journals Watch Us Wednesday!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!  Remember we have a current challenge going on over at the Kraft Journal!  Since it's an "Anything Goes"  I would love to see what you create!  

Anitra






No comments:

Post a Comment